UOW Global Enterprises is committed to handling your personal and health information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), and other relevant privacy legislation. These Acts set out the privacy principles that UOW Global Enterprises must abide by when it collects, stores, uses and discloses personal and health information.
- the ways in which UOW Global Enterprises complies with various privacy obligations;
- policies and practices that address UOW Global Enterprises' privacy responsibilities; and
- procedures relating to handling grievances or complaints regarding UOW Global Enterprises' privacy practices.
UOW Global Enterprises collects your personal and/or health information for lawful purposes that are directly related to UOW Global Enterprises' functions and/or activities. When UOW Global Enterprises collects your personal and/or health information, you will be informed as to why it is being collected, what will be done with it, whether it's required by law or is voluntary, and your rights of access to and correction of that information.
UOW Global Enterprises’ collection of information and handling of personal and health information is detailed in the following privacy statements:
- Student Privacy and Disclosure Statement
- Privacy Collection Statement for Recruitment and Employee Records
UOW Global Enterprises takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal and/or health information against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
UOW Global Enterprises’ Data Breach Response Plan sets out the procedures that UOW Global Enterprises follows in the event of a data breach. This plan will ensure that appropriate steps are taken to respond promptly and appropriate, in accordance with the NSW Information and Privacy Commission best practice.
Use and Disclosure
UOW Global Enterprises will not use or disclose your personal and/or health information unless:
- you have provided clear and written consent to do so;
- a court or similar body has ordered the information’s release;
- a law enforcement agency is requiring information and certain tests are met; or
- the disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or that of another person.
UOW Global Enterprises’ Website Privacy
- Information collected online by UOW Global Enterprises
- Links to other websites
When you visit UOW Global Enterprises’ website, our servers may collect the following information: your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed while browsing UOW Global Enterprises’ website, and/or dates and times of the visit. We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us improve our services. We may also use this information for marketing purposes.
Where your personal information is collected while visiting our site, we will provide you with details about the purpose for collecting it, including how it will be used, whether it’s required by or under law, and if it’s to be disclosed to any other party. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which you provided it or a directly related purpose.
UOW Global Enterprises also uses Google cookies for remarketing to advertise online. When you visit our website, our web server will drop a cookie on your browser. If you leave our website and visit another website which is part of the Google network, you may be served our advertisement.
You may disable cookies by adjusting your web browser, but if you do some of our sites might not be accessible to you.
UOW Global Enterprises has a number of security measures in place to protect against IT security risks. These include firewalls, network intrusion detection and virus scanning. Some UOW Global Enterprises sites can only be accessed with a login name and password to ensure that only authorised users are able to access personal information. You should ensure that your password is kept securely and not accessible by others.
Any student, staff member or member of the public who is concerned about how their personal or health information is being handled by UOW Global Enterprises should contact the Privacy Officer via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources and External Links
- UOWGE Privacy Management Plan and Procedure
- UOWGE Data Breach Response Plan
- UOWGE Privacy Complaint Form
- UOWGE Privacy Impact Assessment (currently under review)
- Commonwealth Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
- NSW Information and Privacy Commission (IPC)
- Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)